Terms and Conditions
Thank you for placing your order for bespoke soft furnishings with us. Your order is completely personal to you, made to your specifications in the fabrics of your choice. It is always our wish to provide you with the absolute best in quality and accuracy and therefore we ask that you take a few minutes to review the following order confirmation and our terms and conditions. If there are any errors, changes or additional details you would like us to add prior to starting your order, please inform us within 24 hours of receipt of this email.
PLEASE BE ADVISED WE WILL MAKE INDUSTRY STANDARD ASSUMPTIONS ON CERTAIN ASPECTS OF YOUR ORDER UNLESS WE HAVE BEEN DIRECTED OTHERWISE. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU COMMUNICATE ALL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS YOU HAVE IN REGARD TO YOUR ORDER. (for example this may include where a pole or blind is to be fitted in relation to the window, or how you wish your curtains to look once hung, sitting on the floor, overlong, above the floor etc...)
1. Consultation - The initial soft furnishings consultation is free of charge within a 20 mile radius of Westergate for the first hour. Subsequent time on site chargeable at £25 per half hour. Over 20 miles site visit is chargeable at £25 per half hour. This initial consultation is usually used to understand and agree to scope of the work, provide window treatment design advice and take accurate window measurements to be able to provide bespoke products. Please note that Applemoon Interiors cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of measurements if supplied by the client . Interior Design consultations are priced on a case by case basis and will be quoted according to the scope of work required.
2. Quote - A full quote is provided by email which details the cost of each item to be provided. Quotes are valid for 90 days. These are inclusive of VAT @ 20%
4. Fitting - We are happy to recommend an independent professional fitting service for window tracks and poles. The contract for the work, price negotiations and payment is made directly with the fitter. We cannot be held responsible for any work carried out by an independent fitter. The fitter can collect your items from Applemoon Interiors premises and fit/hang and dress to a professional standard if required. This is a chargeable service so please ensure to discuss this cost with the fitter directly. Alternatively Applemoon Interiors staff can hang your new curtains. This is chargeable at an additional cost of £25 per pair of curtains. You are also welcome to collect your curtains and hang them yourself.
5. Lead time - Turnaround time is generally around 6-8 weeks from acceptance of a quotation and subsequent payment in full. However please be aware most products are bespoke and the turnaround time can vary and is dependent on order size and will be directly affected during our busy periods. Please do let us know if you have a specific deadline to work to.
6. Completion - Please note that once your items have been completed, we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for collection by you or a fitter, (see 'fitting') We do not have the capacity to store items on our premises for very long so please place orders with a view to being able to take delivery on completion.
7. Problems - Any problems with an order, whether our fault or yours, must be brought to our attention within 7 days of receipt of the order. We will always do our best to rectify any problems with your order however charges may be incurred for any alterations which are not our error. Please take time to read the order confirmation and bring any changes to our attention before signing off the order.
8. Own Fabric Supplied - Where we are using fabric supplied by the client we cannot be held responsible for fabric flaws, if we cannot cut around them you will be notified. We reserve the right to add a surcharge to the make-up costs where fabrics, woven or printed off-grain, require extra time to make and where fabrics and patterns behave unexpectedly. We also apply a 20% surcharge to the overall make-up cost on orders where fabrics have not been supplied by us. if you have a specific fabric in mind please give us the opportunity to supply this for you before purchasing elsewhere.
9. Shrinkage - We cannot be held responsible for shrinkage to curtains that have been steamed, or to curtains exposed to varying humidity causing fabrics to shrink.
9. Fabric Suitability - We cannot be held responsible for the suitability of the fabric to the treatment if we have not been involved in the selection process. We strongly advise that you contact us prior to ordering your fabric to discuss your requirements.
10. Fabric and Trim Wearability. We will not be held responsible for the present or future behaviour of the treatment/fabric/trims, such as wearing and deterioration, stretching, shrinking, staining, cleanability, fading or damage to person or property.I t is a characteristic of natural textiles that there will be variations in the weave, colour and texture including occasional slubs and as such claims for irregularities will not be accepted under any circumstances
11. Creasing. We will not be held responsible for fabrics that are naturally prone to creasing. All of our curtains and blinds will be pressed or steamed as best we can to remove any creases prior to collection/fitting.
12. Pattern Matching - Where printed or woven fabrics will not pattern match accurately we will inform you or further instruction. Please note that blinds that are over 135cm will have visible joins.
13. Rush Orders – Any orders required urgently will incur a surcharge of 20%
14. Completion dates – Completion dates will be given when in receipt of a ready order. We cannot guarantee any completion date until all components and details have been received. This includes selection and fitting of curtain poles. We cannot be held responsible for delays caused by circumstances out of our control
15. Carriage charges extra. – Orders can be sent by courier if required, please note that in these circumstances carriage charges will apply.
16. Payment terms. The bespoke nature of your order means that payment is required in FULL for us to accept an order. Payment can be made by credit or debit card online, in person or over the phone, by cash, cheque or bank transfer. Prices quoted stand for 3 months.
MAKE IT SAFE : Please note that internal window blind cords and chains can pose a risk to babies and small children who could injure or even strangle themselves on looped operating cords and chains. All of our blinds are supplied with child safety devices. It is our recommendation that they are always fitted.